Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

An Update...Finally


I am full of excuses as to why I havent updated the blog for over a month. We are super busy between work and school and shuttling babies around from place to place. Plus it has been one thing after another with these two. On September 22 they had their 4 mo check up and got their shots. Jacob weighed 15 lb 4 oz and Alexis weighed 13 lb 14 oz. Jake recovered from the shots awesomely, while Alexis did not rebound well from the vaccines. After the shots, the babies got colds, then Alexis had constant diarrhea...which led to a suprise...two teeth!! After being the baby that is second in every developmental achievement so far, she beat him getting teeth first. Then after the teeth, we had projectile vomit (yeah I know, gross!) and Alexis was ran to Urgent Care Saturday and gave Jake her ailment which sent him to Dr. today! Whew!! Did I mention I had been sick sometime in there too???
I did try and update like two weeks ago, however I always seem to be trying to update when blogger was having problems. I will try to never go this l0ng between posts again.
I also was putting off the post because we were planning on going to the Pumpkin Patch last week and I wanted to post all the pictures together. Hopefully we will get to one before Halloween. I also go to bed early, I have been really tired, but I also find this is the only time I get to curl up with my new favorite books, the Twilight Series (thank you Adrianne and Da as soon as I get up to see you guys, I am getting you a copy!)



Jake in his favorite position,on his tummy!
Dont you love these two outfits?? Alexis' cute clothes are once again curtesy of the lovely Horton sisters! Jake got his big boy sweater from his lovely mother before he was born.
This is Alexis trying to roll over. She doesnt really seem too interested in to turning over. I guess exercise is overrated to this girl. She does however still like the television.
Alexis dressed in her sleeper before bed

Jake on his tummy once again. Dont you love those big eyes? They are getting darker...I was really hoping the would stay blue. But poor guy is going to have brown eyes I am afraid.
This picture is taken in the early morning before they are off to Grandma Brendas for the day.
Alexis looking so serious for her close up.
Jake in his preppy outfit. I love it! Adam not so much...

Last but not least, Jacob with his bear, Rupert. Yes, he is named after Stewie's bear from Family Guy. I think this was one of the bears on the diaper cake I got from Auntie Kim. Alexis has one like it that is white, that has no name.

2 comments:

The Schwengels said...

Wow! What a difference a month makes! Your babies are getting so big! I love their hair... Such sweeties!

Sorry to hear about all the illness. It makes me tired just thinking about all you've been through. :)

Take care of you!

the hortons said...

I love the preppy outfit too! It must be a girl thing. Those two are growing so fast, and is it just my imagination, or is Alexis' hair getting so thick and long? As always, they are lovely. Glad to hear that everyone is on the mend! Love you!