Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 7, 2008

Pumpkin Patch, Halloween, Babies First Feeding... WARNING, it's not pretty...

Well once again I have taken a long time to update my blog. I am full of excuses as usual, but seriously, I am so busy. School is winding down, only 4 more weeks, then boards, which scares me to death! But on to the real reason you all check out the blog...Jake and Alexis are doing well. Since they have recovered from their illnesses, they have been super happy and a joy to be around.
As you will see, the twins have been busy! We had our first feeding, outside of the yummy similac mixed with rice cereal, I had failed to be a good parent and fed them solids, or semi-solids in their case. So I started making the time right after I get off work. Our schedule is the following in the evenings: 5:30-6:00 put the babies in their high chairs, with bibs and wearing only diapers. 6:00-6:30 Baths! Which they need badly by this time. By 7:00 they are in bed, thank God! They are great night sleepers, they will sleep (hopefully, we arent having too many midnight wakenings lately) until after 6 am.
We also celebrated Halloween and a trip to the Pumpkin Patch in Louisburg, KS. And as usual, I have other pictures of the twins, just being cute at home randomly.

This was taken today! Love this outfit, her aunt bought this for her when she was like a week old, I finally dug it out of the closet today and thought, "We better start wearing this!" Not an unusal occurance here. I am constantly finding clothes we bought for them a long time ago and discovering that they can now wear them.


I got Alexis big girl jean at Babies R Us this weekend. They are a little big, but still too cute! Also we are sporting our pink Nikes just about everyday.

Jacob looks so unhappy here! I swear he smiles a lot. He just doesnt know what to think of the camera. He is such a sweet little boy. He is getting out of the fussy stage and is so much fun.



I finally caught him smiling here. He loves being on the floor and he is really trying to move while he is on his tummy. I hope that he doesnt crawl for awhile. The house needs to be baby proofed.





I love this picture. I think it is so cute that they sleep a like.



WARNING! Babies First Feeding

As you can see, carrots were their first food. I wish I had a picture of their first spoonful of this yummy stuff. If it tastes like it smells, I feel sorry for them.
Also, I love those blue eyes! I hope they stay that color!






Jacob got more carrots on his face and bib than in his tummy. He is doing better this week.


Jake in his high chair. It was a garage sale bargain! Right now we just have one high chair and one booster seat thing, which was given to me from a sweet nurse at the hospital. But I am not sure how long she will fit in it. She sits in the booster seat because she has better head control and because she is smaller. You can't tell in the picture, but the chair is a little big for Jake and he is bigger than Alexis.


Alexis sucking her thumb! I really did not want her to start this habit. I was a thumb sucker and I think Adam has brother's that were thumb suckers, so the poor child was destined to be a thumb sucker! It really comforts her and it is kinda cute now, but I know the cuteness will fade soon.













Alexis finally figured out to role over. Now you can't stop her! She will role over and over again until she hits something, then she will yell. I am telling you, this girl is dramatic!











Alexis after we went trick or treating. This child was worn out! She didnt get to bed till almost 9 and her bedtime is like 6:30. Ok dont think I am a bad mom. I didnt take any pics of them Halloween night. I did, however, get their pictures taken in their outfits at a local photography studio the night before Halloween. The picture is ADORABLE! I dont have it on the computer. But family and close friend, I have copies for you.
By the way, Alexis was a giraffe and Jake was a cow!














This picture was taken at Hooter's after we hit the Pumpkin Patch a few weeks ago. Jacob loved the waitresses. He will not smile at a man, not unless he sees him frequently. But as soon as the Hooter's waitresses started giving him attention he was smiliing! This boy is a major flirt already.

















Last but not least, the twins at their first pumpkin patch. We went to the Louisburg Pumpkin Patch because I needed to go coat shopping for the babies (it is close to KC). We had a good time, we didnt buy a pumpkin, but we got one decent picture of both of them looking at the camera. Alexis is a funny baby, she is so alert and is constantly taking everything in. So we had a hard time getting her to look at the camera. Jake was not sure what to think of the experience. They are so much fun! Their different personalities are coming out now and we are enjoying it a lot.
I am not making any promises, but I will try to blog again soon. This weekend is busy along with the next, but I should be able to find sometime to update!

2 comments:

Newton Family said...

They are SO SO cute!! Can't believe how much they are growing..you must have your hands full!! Oh ya by the way I am very jealous how you can get two babies to go to bed at 7 and sleep until 6 THAT IS IMPRESSIVE!!!

the hortons said...

I cannot believe how big they've gotten. I love the picture of them sleeping together. So sweet. Also, how do you get them to sleep for such a long stretch?