Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bad blogger!

I am a horrible blogger. I cannot seem to find the time to blog weekly or at least bi-weekly. I seem to find other things to do around the house which usually are not productive. Meanwhile the twins are growing and their first birthday is in two weeks! Not only have I been a bad blogger, but I have also been a bad picture taker. These two are growing quickly and I have been too lazy to grab the camera.
Today Adam and I were off this afternoon and our goal was to get ONE good picture of Jacob and Alexis for their birthday invitation. We got several cute ones and maybe one or two good ones. They are extremely difficult to take pictures of these days. They are very busy and they will not look at the camera at the same time and smile.


Both kids look wild or possessed or both in the picture. Jake loves to yell and be the center of attention. He is all boy! He talks a lot, some we understand, most we don't. He loves to say: uh-oh, ball, dog, and no, no, no. He also trys to mimic what we say to him, it is too cute.
Alexis on the other hand, has her own language or so it seems. She will talk to us in full sentences and look us right in the eyes with this sweet, soft, little voice. Of course, we understand NOTHING of what she is saying. I am sure she is the only one who knows what she is trying to tell us, but is too cute!


The babies are also in their new wagon that their Great Grandma Donnie got them for their birthday. We put it together today and they loved it.

Also, note the matching tee shirts. I bought the matching shirts for their birthday off the internet. Cheesy, I know, but so adorable.


This picture made the invitation.




The babies at the front door. I think I mentioned before how they love our new storm door and to look outside.



They also love to put their tongues against the glass and clean it for us.





You can really tell in this picture that Alexis is taller than her 'Big Brother'. Jake still weighs more than her, but she is definalty the taller and thinner of the two. He has really short legs and still wears 6 mo-9 mo jeans, due to being vertically challenged. Alexis has the opposite problem. She is tall enough for some 12 mo pants, but they are too big around the waste.






Although they are crawling everywhere quickly. They still don't seem interested in walking. I keep seeing babies younger than them that are walking well. I have to remind myself that each child is different and on their own time table. Plus they were also born a month early which could impact their development. I am still hoping that one of them will be taking their first steps around their birthday.







I tried to get them to snuggle for a pic today, this is almost impossible. Jake who was my cuddle boy when he was smaller, is now too busy playing and being wild to snuggle. Alexis on the other hand, used to want to just sit in her little bouncy seat and watch TV, she now loves to cuddle and be held. She still loves television (the apple does not fall far from the tree), she LOVES Dora and all of the Toon Disney line up. She dances as soon as she hears the theme songs, I want to get it on video sometime to post.





Recently I bought the babies a little coup from a garage sale. I have been looking for one since I found out I was pregnant. I think these little cars are too cute. The babies like being pushed in it and one day squished both of them in it.
My mother told me that I would have to buy another some day and she found a pink and blue one at Toys R Us last week which picked up for us to give Alexis for her birthday present. Do you think Jake will ever know that his came from a garage sale and hers was brand new?

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Caleb was 13 mo old when he started walking on his own...We have determined its b/c his feet are too big and he couldnt figure out how to balance himself! haha. He's almost 17mo and already wearing a size 7 shoe, i think at his birthday he was a 5 getting ready for a 6!
Once they're walking you will wish they were not, they get in to sooo much more!!!
they're too cute, I cant believe its time for their birthday already!!! They grow too fast!

Carrie said...

Love your blog! Emerson didn't crawl until right before her 1st birthday and she's just now (18 mos) walking really well and on her own. Not to worry!!!


It's impossible not to compare though, isn't it???

Mommy K said...

About the whole "new" and "garage sale" dilema...it's a good thing that kids don't know and don't care. I mean...it's all new to them, right!?!? I do feel guilty that Carter (my oldest) gets everything new and some things personalized and the twins get his old stuff and garage sale stuff. Look at it like this-do they want new toys and clothes OR do they want you to give them a college education!?!?
Rock on, twin mom!!!
=) Katie