I was off work Thursday and Friday so I really had the intention to do a blog that was a day in the life of Jacob and Alexis. I know, I stole this title and idea from one of my favorite shows Jon and Kate plus 8 (I got addicted to it during my pregnancy, when I was depressed or overwhelmed with my pregnany, I thought things could always be worse, I could be expecting sextuplets!). But it is really difficult to take pictures all day and keep up with these two. So what I have is random assortment of pictures taken throughout the last 3 days. I warn you, they aren't all cute and cuddly pictures of Jacob and Alexis. I decided to show you the dark side of my children, the temper tantrums a 2 month old will throw.
Oh the exciting news, they have slept almost 6 hours straight the past two nights. I am finally starting to feel like a normal human being and not a zombie.
Alexis in too small of clothes. She is gettin so chunky and I think these clothes are newborn size. Look at those chubby cheeks and that gut!
Cute sleeping babies!
then Jake starts throwing a fit and hits his sister....
next I try to get them to sit up and pose for a picture. This is the best picture I could get.
I decided to see if they like TV yet. Sometimes I catch them looking at the screen and staring at the colors and movement. So I turn the TV on to Nickelodeon around noon so I could start cleaning the house hoping, stupidly, that this might keep them occupied or put them to sleep. Guess what was on? My least favorite Nickelodeon show, Sponge Bob. For a few seconds they seemed mesmorized by that darn sponge and his plankton friend.
I thought this was cute. They are actually looking at each other.
Hopefully I can update within the next week. I have a full week of work and when I get home the last thing I want to do is get on the computer. At least I really enjoy my job, I think when I graduate from nursing school I want to stay in the doctor's office. Awesome hours, no being on call, and no working holidays and weekends. After years of working nights, weekends and being on call, this heaven.


5 comments:
They're not just staring at each other in the last picture, but Jacob is throwing out gang signs! Love them and and their cute chubby cheeks. Maybe when the girls meet they can model their wardrobe full of too tight clothing.
Amy, you continue to impress me with your perserverance (sp?). I must say that I just think it's so fantastic the way you guys roll with the sleep loss and other stuff that having twins entails. I know that it will be SO rewarding for you but I can't even imagine during the trying times how trying it can be. You guys are doing great and the twins look absolutely fantastic!
Hope you got out to see the Dark Knight, it was great!
WOW! They are getting so big! I love your blog too! Keep those posts comin' (when you can!)
My friend has twins and they did the same thing at night...and when they were a little older she would put them in two separate cribs and every morning they were back in one. So cute!
Hi! I somehow found your site from links through Brian and Da.. Congrats and best wishes... I love reading up on what everyone has been up to! Hugs.
Heather Morhart
Congrats on the 6 hours of sleep! The twins are so sweet - even when you are posting their meltdowns. We have our fair share of meltdowns over here too so I can empathize. They are full of personality and I hope I can meet them someday!
Post a Comment