While the babies were sitting in their seats, Da and I had fun looking thru gossip magazines, our favorite pasttime. We also watched The Hills, I didnt know Da had never watched one of my favorite guilty pleasures, so I tried to catch her up. I didnt have to tell her much though, this girl keeps up on Hollywood better than I do. She knows all about Speidi and LC.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
The Horton's Visit and Two More Baby Blessings
We had a busy weekend. The Horton family traveled two hours to visit us and the big town of Fort Scott. Da and Charles came down for our wedding two years ago when Da was nine months pregnant, but they didn't get the pleasure of touring our downtown as they did this time (I am sure they were quite impressed!). We were all excited to see them and the girls. I hadn't gotten the pleasure of meeting Zoe yet and they hadn't not met the twins either, so we had a great time getting to know eachother. We ate at the local pizzaria, Doughboyz. After this the boys, excluding Jacob, went to Rusty's Bar to shoot pool. Da and I with the kids in their double strollers went to a used book store and walked up and down the historic downtown that is getting its sewer redone, so we were a little restricted to where we could walk. We looked for shops that could accomadate our large strollers, but alas buildings from the 1800's were not built for strollers, so we too ended up at Rusty's and played pool. Yes we had babies in a bar, so white trash....so Kansas. And the sad thing is, I forgot my camera to capture the moment.
Zoe and Jacob on their first date. Too bad their entire families were with them, they didn't get much private time. Zoe is exactly 8 weeks older than Jacob, he told me he likes older women.
This Zoe with Alexis and Jacob, I think she is trying to put her arms around them.
Another shot of the twins with their new best friend.
This is Zoe giving Alexis her hand me downs (see the box behind the girls). Alexis is very glad to get a new fall wardrobe. She loved the new clothes! What a great friend Zoe is!!
Jacob loved Auntie Da. He just smiled and smiled at her.
I can't leave out our girl Lucy. I am not sure what she thought of the twins. She was very nice to them and gave them kisses.
While the babies were sitting in their seats, Da and I had fun looking thru gossip magazines, our favorite pasttime. We also watched The Hills, I didnt know Da had never watched one of my favorite guilty pleasures, so I tried to catch her up. I didnt have to tell her much though, this girl keeps up on Hollywood better than I do. She knows all about Speidi and LC.
This is what Lucy did at my house, she played with the diaper and wipe boxes that her family gave us (which we LOVE and HUGELY appreciate!). I loved it, she was so preoccupied with stacking these.
Lucy stacking boxes and restacking boxes.
Da and Jacob
We also had another baby blessing this weekend at my church. My good friend Carla flew out from Sacramento, CA, to bless the babies. It meant so much to me and my family that Carla could do this and be apart of this special day. Carla and I grew up together. We went to a tiny little country church growing up. We also went to church camp together and Graceland. She blessed both babies and while my mom held Alexis and Carla's dad, Richard, held Jacob. The service was wonderful then we had a lunch afterwards that my grandma put together.
Carla's mom Helen with Alexis.
Jacob and Richard, they are best pals.
Carla with Alexis after the service
Alexis want to say thank you again to Zoe for the great clothes! This is her new favorite dress or at least her mom's!
While the babies were sitting in their seats, Da and I had fun looking thru gossip magazines, our favorite pasttime. We also watched The Hills, I didnt know Da had never watched one of my favorite guilty pleasures, so I tried to catch her up. I didnt have to tell her much though, this girl keeps up on Hollywood better than I do. She knows all about Speidi and LC.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What a great weekend! Jacob & Alexis are getting so big! I'm so glad the Horton babies finally got to meet their new best friends. I too can't believe Da never saw the Hills. I freaking love that show.
Post a Comment