Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Two baby blessings and a wedding

Today the babies were blessed at Grandma Brenda and Papa Ken's church. They had a wonderful service with the whole family present, with the exception of the Clarissa (you were very missed!). If you dont know, Adam is one of seven children and the babies are number 7 and 8 of the grandchildren, so there is quite a few of us when we all get together, which makes get togethers even more special. Jacob was blessed by his grandfather and Alexis was blessed by her Uncle Brandon. Aunt Kim was smart and sweet enough to write down the blessings for the twins so we will always have them. I didnt get pics of them in their cute church outfits but I got pictures of the festivities afterwards at Brenda and Ken's .


Alexis loves cousin Jack and Jack loves his younger cousins. I could not get enough pictures of these two cuties. It seems like yesterday Jack was Alexis and Jacob's size. He turns two next month and he is such a good boy. Kim was pregnant with Jack when we got married, my how time flies!
I know I am partial, but aren't these two just adorable?
After several takes I finally got a good picture of Jack kissing Alexis.
Alexis and Katelyn together. Katelyn is such a smart, beautiful girl and Alexis and Jacob think she is great. Alexis LOVES this glider she is in in this picture. I had never seen such a thing until their Grandma got one. It is awesome, I would suggest one to any mother to be. They love the comfy seat they lay in and it rocks/glides them to sleep.

Alexis looking at her cousins, she cannot wait until she can run around with them.
Saturday night I went to a wedding with my friends from nursing school. One of our schoolmates got married in a beautiful outdoor wedding outside of town at Rosie's Cabin (the same place Adam and I got married at exactly two years ago). I really enjoyed seeing some my classmates, but I am not looking forward to class starting in two weeks.
More pictures from Sunday after the blessing. While Alexis was posing for picture with her cousins, Jacob was asleep in his swing. Note the KU onesie he has on. Jacob and Alexis have two uncles who have graduated from KU and an aunt that is getting ready to attend there in two weeks. My mother graduated from KU's rival, K-State, as did her brother and most of my dad's family. So the twins have both KU and K-State outfits. I think it is cute. I was raised a K-State fan, but I didnt attend either school for college so really I am not partal to either. Go Wildcats and Jayhawks!
Alexis also loves her Aunt Kim. At church earlier today, Kim had Alexis practically laughing. We are lucky to get a smile half the time!
I must say one of the best things about marrying into a large family is acquiring neices and nephews. I didnt have any until I got married and I became an aunt of 6 instantly. They are tons of fun and all 6 are just great kids. Kim and Brandon's kids (Abby, Katelyn, Jordan and Jack) will be moving this year and we will miss them tons. You can check out their blog too, link on the right.
Jordan and Brady, two more nephews, playing the Wii. Kim and Brandon bring it down whenever they come to visit and it sooooo much fun. Jordan, who is 4, is awesome at it, he beats everyone at every game. His Aunt Amy attemped Mario Cart, lets just say she finished 12th each race. Their were only 12 cars racing.

1 comment:

the hortons said...

As always, the kids are adorable. I bet it gets exhausting hearing that so often ; ) It was so good to talk to you last night. You can ALWAYS make me laugh so hard. The countdown is on! We can't wait to see you all! You look amazing!