Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 8, 2008

3 weeks old

Jacob and Alexis are going to be 3 weeks old tomorrow! They are growing so fast already. Jake is officially out of preemie clothes now. I saved some of them so that he can see how small he once was. He is a big eater so he won't be small for long.
I apologize for all the pictures of them being the same, except for the clothes they have on. It is hard for me to find different areas or poses for them. And most of the time they are asleep for the picture, they are rarely up at the same time when I have the camera ready to take thier picture.

The twins first outing, except for doctor's visits, was this weekend. The annual Fort Scott Good Ol Days was this weekend. For all of those who aren't familar with the Good Ol Days, it is a street fair held every year downtown, it is kicked off Friday night with a parade. Adam and I took them to the parade, where it seemed the whole town got to see them. They enjoyed their new stroller Aunt Vanessa and Uncle Justin got them! Figuring out how to put the car seats on the stroller was a little tricky, but Adam and his parents figured it out for us.
Now for some anwsers to some frequently asked questions I get everyday. I dont know if any of you that frequent the blog have these same questions or not, or even care, but here they are anyway.

-How much do they sleep? Well that depends. Typically 2.5 to 3 hours. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Jacob stays awake longer during the day and Alexis is a super sleeper. I try to get her to stay awake longer during the day, but she is stubborn and likes her sleep. I am sure keeping her awake will not be a problem soon.

-Do they wake up at the same time? Luckily they wake up within a couple minutes of each other, which is a blessing for me. This way I can get one to eat and burp and the other is up and ready by the time the other is done.

-Where do they sleep? Together in their pack in play in our room right now. We are trying to get them to nap more and more in their crib, but when I am with them at night, it is so much easier to have them in the same room as me. By morning, sometimes I am so tired I just let them lay down in bed with me.

-How are you feeling? Tired! I have been sick too which hasn't helped. When mom or Brenda (Adam's mom) are here, I can take a nap. I have been home so much the past two months, I go stir crazy easily. I do get to leave the house often, these babysitters I have are awesome and we appreciate them so much. I got to go see Indiana Jones and Sex and the City, I have went shopping, and I got to go up to the Good Ol Days (not real exciting, but I got out of the house).

One thing I have rediscovered being home so much is trashy television. If you want to know anything about MTV reality shows, just ask me. I am ashamed I know exactly what is going on on Tila Tequila and the Real World. Also I am an expert on Jon and Kate plus 8, Family Guy, and any E! reality shows. I have also grown fond of the Wheel of Fortune and the Price is Right, which makes me feel old. If one of these programs is not on, then I watch CNN, which is so depressing to me.

That's all the updates for now. Hopefully I can have more exciting pictures later this week.


3 comments:

The Schwengels said...

Love it, love it!!! They are so sweet... Keep those pictures & updates comin'!

You are the only one who doesn't think I look big for first baby, 3 months along...and you are comparing me to you...and you had twins!!! ;)

Thanks though! :) Miss you!

the hortons said...

Double strollers RULE! I can't believe how big those two are getting. I know I say that every time, but sheesh!

Lucky Duck, how was the movie? Sue absolutely loved it. I'm thinking I'll be seeing it when RedBox has it : (

I loved the FAQ section, and I really wish we lived closer. All we would do is watch television ALL day and it would be fabulous!

Micah and Beth said...

Your babies are soooo darling!!! I'll have to check back on them often!