Jake and Alexis had a busy week so far! We had our 2nd doctor's visit. They are now respectively 6lb 11oz (Jake) and 5lb 15 oz (Alexis). They grew a lot in the last week. We don't have another visit until the end of July, thank god. These doctor's visit's really wear me out. Getting them ready in the morning, getting into the car seats, putting the stroller together, and countless people wanting to see them along the way, can take it's toll.
Bouncy seats are my favorite things right now. Our living room is not big, in fact our house is not big enough for 4 people. So the house is now cluttered with baby stuff. But these seats are blessings when we want to be in the living room and they are sleeping. I am sure all parents know I mean.
I make both babies try on clothes often to see what they fit into right now. This dress is still a little big, but I thought the picture was still cute. Both babies are still in preemies clothes and diapers. Jake is really on the verge of wearing just newborn size and Alexis is still comfortably a preemie.
Ah sleeping babies. I wish they did this more often at night so I could get more sleep. Last night I think I got about 2 hours of sleep, when this occurs I try to make it up during the day when they sleep, however today we had the doctor's appointments, then I had to go to Wal-Mart (thank God for Grandma Brenda during the day and Grandma Joy in the evening helping us out) so, I got a chance to catch an hour nap. To top it all off this week, I aquired mastitis and then had an allergic reaction to my medication. Now I am on another med, which I am not allergic to but forces me to put the babies on formula. From what I hear formula babies sleep longer, so we will see.
Oh on a side note, I want to say it has been so good to hear from all the Gracelander's out there that have checked the post. I have been so out of touch with everyone (with the exception of Da). So any GU people leave a message, I would love to hear from you all and I will try to get back with you!


3 comments:
Amy, you are a blogging rock star! I love all of the pictures, especially of my all american girl! Titles are normally handed down the blood line, but if the shirt fits there is nothing I can do. Lucy and Zoe will just have to deal : )
Sue went to see SATC last night. I am so jealous : (
Amy - I love the photo of them both sleeping together. I want to pluck them out of the screen and squeeze them! You sound tired, but handling things well... I can't believe how well you can type on 2 hours of sleep!
Amy, they are absolutely adorable!! I'm so glad you have started a blog in time for us to meet the newest members of your family. :) I love all of the pictures where the two of them are cuddled together. Don't worry...the lack of sleep thing will get better (although I imagine it's a lot tougher with 2 little ones instead of just one).
Keep sharing all the pictures and news. I LOVE it! :)
Lyda McMurray (Graybill)
Post a Comment