Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Five days old!








The twins are officially 5 days old today! I have been taking some pictures of them, but not as much as the grandma's. Please don't think I prefer Alexis over Jacob, I simply could not get a good picture of him. Plus the pictures do not do them justice at all, they are much cuter in person than in the picture!
So far the twins sleep(a lot), dirty diapers and eat. Adam and I are very sleep deprived. Yesterday I was so tired I could not relax and sleep. We have so much help from family, but I am a nervous new mom and every peep they make I am up on my feet running to their bed to make sure they are ok.
Their personalities are coming out too. Jacob loves to be held and is more advanced than his sister. He was my twin A (he was born first and possibly fertilzed first). He is a little bigger, more alert and a better eater. Alexis loves to sleep and while she is waking up more, it is a struggle sometimes to get her awake to eat. I told Adam and my mom, we have to wake her up to eat, no matter what. But this child is stubborn and will not eat if she doesn't want to. Plus she spits back her food at us when she is done. She is just advances a day or so slower than her brother and in my experience talking to other twins mothers, this is normal.
I will try to take some pictures of them when they are more awake. They are so sweet when they sleep, but they are even more precious when they are awake (unless they are screaming, of course).
Adam and I are getting our first outing out of the house tomorrow. At the time we are at no shortage of baby-sitters, I don't know how long this will continue so I am taking advantage of it. So we are going out with my friend Kristine to see Iniana Jones. I hope I can leave them without missing them too much. They were born at time when two movies I am dying to see are coming out, (Sex and the City comes out next week !). Again, I will try to post soon, the babies sleep a lot so right now I do have some time on the computer, this will not last long I am sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I did get on your blog and look at the pictures. I also forwarded the address to Marilyn and Leon so they can look too! Mother was very pleased to finally get to see the twins. Aunt Linda

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I heard about it through the good old graceland grapevine. They are beautiful babies. You are so blessed! *jill hale